Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bucket Lists

I've recently been introduced to the matter of bucket lists. You know, the lists of things you want to do before you die. (It just occurred to me that the term "bucket list" probably refers to the saying "kick the bucket"... My, I'm feeling smart today!) To me they seem rather pointless since no one knows when they're going to die and most of the goals seem unrealistic anyway. I guess they're mostly there to dream about, plan for and wonder if you're ever going to have enough money, time, talent, ect. to actually cross them off.

My flute teacher recently informed me that everyone should have a bucket list. She has one. One of her other students, an older adult, also has one. Her student's sounds like torture. A 30 mile bike trip through Canada and Alaska, half an Iron Man, and a marathon. My flute teacher just accomplished one of her goals: She wanted to be a Master Gardener. 

I'm not a fan of the genre of either of their lists, so here are some of the ideas I've been thinking up for mine:

- Get at least one novel published (hopefully more!)
- Win a RITA or an ECPA award (or both...)
- Read all the books on my to-read lists
- Get married
- Memorize all the Bible passages/books on my to-memorize list
- Write at least one poem I'm proud of (and not one of those acrostic ones that doesn't take any skill; this has got to be a real, meaningful, rhyme-y poem)

It's short, but I have my whole life to add to it, I suppose. 

'Til next time, 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment