Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Unofficial Announcement of Something Slightly Official

Hey folks, Jamie here! 

JR (how do you like my new nickname for her? She's in protest/denial about it) is supposed to be working on her fourth post from DC, but progress on that is going about as slowly as a  very - erm -  slow thing.

*ahem*

In her defense (I can't believe I'm saying this), she's been pretty busy lately.

So my news - thought I'd give this blog a little life! - is that I have officially decided (after years of waffling) to do NaNoWriMo this year! 

*firecrackers*

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's basically a thing in November where a bunch of crazy people decide to write 50,000 page novels somewhere between the 1st and 30th and probably mostly in the wee hours. 

I really wanted to do it last year but I had school the first week of November and I wouldn't have been able to get much down for those seven days. Judging from what I heard from friends who have done it, you can't just miss seven days. 

So, here I am - a month early - impulsively jumping into what is most likely one of the crazier decisions of my life. 

But not to fear - for once I am thinking ahead! 

To get ready for the intensive experience, I have already researched key points that I need for my plot; mapped out my storyline; semi-written bios on the central characters (still need to get to the secondaries); plotted out some tangles and important areas so that I can glance in and know exactly what I'm supposed to do and where I'm going; and tapped out the first line so that I don't need to agonize over it later. 

Thus far, I feel prepared. 

And it's only September. 

I think I'm a leetle too psyched. Hopefully it'll carry over a month and five days and not get spoiled.  

That's me and the latest update from my most clandestine and adventurous life! 

Keep up the ... whatever it is you keep up! 


4 comments:

  1. Hooray! You are so much more prepared than I ever was. (Not that it surprises me.) I hope you have loads of fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! A note of advice: Stockpile chocolate (or your favorite candy/snacks), for when you need a late night boost. :) (not that I've ever been even slightly tempted to consume huge quantities of chocolate at 2 a.m.)
    You're so far ahead of me... but then, I'm only doing the young writer's version, so my word goal is only 25,000. So I can somewhat afford to to wait until the last minute to get everything figured out. All I know is the plot, characters (main and a few secondary), and the summary. But I'm very excited. I do need to research the time period more, though.
    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm doing it, too. I have the main parts outlined, but I still need to get those little important details in. :)

    Yes, candy is much needed! Or at least some good salty things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to write 50,000 words, ladies, not gain 50,000 pounds! =D
    I look forward to sharing/seeing updates with and from you! I am so excited to start - November seems ages away.
    Yeah, I usually uber prepare before I start writing anything, but this has been a bit more intense. We'll see how successful the "prepared" approach is...
    I suppose I ought to go out an find some good chocolate though...I know many brands to choose from. =D

    ReplyDelete