Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Thursday, October 11, 2012

On Ogres

So I signed up for NaNoWriMo yesterday. 

I survived - doing fine! - but as I was reading about the procedures and what I'm getting myself into and as it fully dawned on me that I am committing myself to write about 1,700 words a day (a good day for me is generally somewhere between 500-900 words) on an everchanging plot which I alternately love and hate my inner editor kicked up its heels and howled.

Now most of you are probably not acquainted with my inner editor (consider yourselves blessed) and I am, unfortunately, chained to it. 

My...inner...editor...is...an...ogre.

It demands - no more than that - it expects perfection and settles for nothing less.

I don't know how I'm going to get through thirty days of ignoring that beast and always going forward without looking backward. 

This is going to be tough. 

Very, very tough.


2 comments:

  1. Have you ever done NaNoWriMo before? This is my first year.

    I think I left my inner editer out and it/she got thrown away... at least it's faraway now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. This is my first year too.
    I think I am psyching myself out waaayyy too much at this point. :-P
    - Jamie

    ReplyDelete