Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Story of My Life

I really shouldn't interrupt myself - because swabbing down my flute with rubbing alcohol is such a FASCINATING business - but I haven't blogged for a while {something you've probably noticed if you're still following after all this unforgivable neglect} and I do miss the old thing.

*pause for effect as I dutifully wipe away*

I have been incredibly productive during my absence, though, in case you were thinking that I've spent my hiatus sitting on my bum eating chocolate {which I only did a tiny bit of}.

Let's do a tick-off and I'll fill you in on the details:

- I was dead sick for three days before the turn came and I felt better. I didn't get the flu thing that was going around, but I did get the cold virus - and that with a vengeance.

- I have done pound upon pound of laundry. After dead-sickness there is, of course, all the militant germ-ridding that must be done. Sheets, blankets, towels, sweatshirts, pajamas, flutes and the like.

- Two of my sisters and I have now begun the task of cleaning our church once a week {we're being paid to do it, before you think I'm holier than I am}. I think I'm going to give myself tennis elbow or something from vacuuming.

- Of course, work must be gone to and completed every day.

- Christmas for us lasted until January 5th, so the busyness lasted that long as well.

- I'm going to MN this weekend to visit a friend and the planning that such a venture entails is astoundingly staggering.

- I've been catching up on some backed-up shopping - which always takes time, as we ladies know.  ;-)

- I am in the midst of editing a Nano novel {not mine}, major plotting for several novels, and not learning a Bible lesson that I am scheduled to demonstrate for a class on January 26th {eep!}.

- My brother, two sisters, two friends and I have recently become involved with POBLO ministries {People of the Book Lutheran Outreach}, which meets every Thursday night for two hours and is a class where we teach {or try to teach} local, inner-city immigrants the English language.

- Trying to finish I Capture the Castle for book club.

- Battling with our eternally slow internet connection. You never know how much you rely on it until it doesn't work, you know?

- Writing three thousand blog posts in my head - and typing none of them...

- Catching up on backed up organization and clean up.

- And, my biggest triumph this month: taking the 4.5 yards of black fabric I bought months ago and turning it into a skirt! {Pictures may be forthcoming, but I assure you, it is one of the greatest triumphs of my sewing career {a limited career - don't over expect}}.

And that is the story of my life.

Signed copies of this post are available upon request. :)

Perhaps someday I shall be rich and famous and it'll be worth something.

Haha.

Love,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sounds busy--almost like life around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah crazy, Bekah. That is unfortunately why you've seen neither hide nor hair of your Nano novel. :-\

      Delete
  2. Was that the black skirt you wore to church on Sunday? If so, I commend you...I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and thank you! I had Becky hem it for me, though. :)

      Delete