Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March x 3

My top three, ultra-serious, I-will-accomplish-them-if-they-kill-me, goals for March. As you will probably notice, I'm not pulling any punches. This is do-or-die stuff.

Moving on...

#1

...finish Catching Fire before the movie comes out...

Long term benefit: I will be able to moan when they leave out my favorite part - again. {See picture on left} I should probably find out when it's coming out so that I know what kind of time frame I'm running with...






Short term advantage: I will be able to safely look at Pinterest again without ruining the book - because I don't even know who Finnick is right now.





#2

...get Joseph to Egypt in my novelization of Genesis 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, and 45...

Long term benefit: Ohhkay...I didn't realize how long this was going to be until I looked up all the chapters. Good thing it's only getting to Egypt that I'm concerning myself with this month. Of course, it would be easier if Joseph wasn't dragging his feet on me. I don't blame him for not being excited, but he's getting there this month whether he likes it or not so it might as well be quick and {semi} painless. This is where he's at right now, poor guy.

Pardon the slapdash, un-thoroughly edited state. However, the writing is mine and can't be used without permission. 


Short term advantage: I can move on to the Potiphar segment which ought to prove...interesting. I'm very excited to see how it turns out. I've been reading some odd stories about Potiphar's wife that are apparently in the Koran {I can't confirm this}. I'm not going to incorporate them, but it's so weird for these things to be in a book other than the Bible.
I'm pulling out the motivational penguin for this goal. It doesn't really do anything worthwhile, but it's so stinking cute! :)
#3

...file my taxes for the first time without being audited...

Long term benefit: Knowing how do file them for next year. I feel like a fish in a whole new ocean, if we want to get prosaic. If we want to be pragmatic...I'm lost.

Short term advantage: Three words: (1) peace (2) of (3) mind - at least until next year. :-/

Until next time {may you be motivated by things more persuasive than penguins}!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is amazing! I love your version :) I love The Red Tent...one of my fave books of all times so I really love what you are doing here...& some humor in it...love it!

    Keep up the good work!
    Libbie
    http://www.blogsbykids.net/

    ReplyDelete