Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Swing of Things

Hello all!

Now that the craziness of VBS (and the prep that goes with it) is over and I officially have the blues because of it, it's time to get back into the swing of things and pick up my life from the counter where I temporarily put it on hold.

Now if I could only remember what counter that was...

A few things that have happened while I was gone:

- I officially left my teen years behind me and turned 20 on July 17.

- I got a box of Mike and Ikes

- I started wearing makeup (house rule: makeup when you're twenty)

Hardest to tackle after nearly an entire month and a half off is writing. I thought I had a serious case of writer's block at first. Now I think that's folderol.

I'm just rusty.

Odd thing I didn't realize about writing: characters can lose their voices if you don't pay them attention. Now I get the fun job of rediscovering them. I'm putting myself on a write-as-much-as-possible regime to shake off the cramps I've garnered from my laziness.

And I'm going to blog again.

Won't that be fun?

Till next time!
Photobucket
(P.S. And I want that swing in the picture. Can you even
imagine how awesome that would be?!)

6 comments:

  1. That is a very awesome swing!
    And happy belated birthday! Wow, twenty? And to think, I'm only a year and two months behind you…how time flies…
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, twenty. I was dragged to it kicking and screaming, but it's not so bad after all. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the swing/bed! It's great to have you back in the blogging world. :)

    I saw on your sidebar that you're reading Sarah's Ground. Thoughts on that? I absolutely love all of Ann Rinaldi's books, but for some reason, I wasn't as fond of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to be back (I say with fingers crossed). :)
      Yes! Another Rinaldi fan! I adore *most* of her books and have almost all of them.
      Well, seeing as it's a very small book and I've been "reading" it for nearly a month, I would say that I'm not too excited about it. So far I've found it rather dull, but I'm only a little ways into it. I mostly picked it up because (obviously) AR wrote it and I went to Mount Vernon last summer and thought it would be neat to read a book about way back when it was tumbling down. We'll see. I'll be sure to write a review when I finish it!

      Delete
  3. Hi:) looking forward to your upcoming posts. And what a coincidence - my birthday is July 17 too:) Keturah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; you're so sweet! Wow, that is coincidental! It's a pretty awesome day for a birthday, I'm sure you agree. :)

      Delete