Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Sunday, June 26, 2011

After 20 days, I attempt to catch up...

Well, now that I have lost all the followers I might have amassed by my unpardonable laxness on the posting end, I will now try to worm my way back into their lives with a post. Haha. In my defense, eight-hour work days Monday through Friday and a weeklong vacation does not a regular posting schedule make.
Anyway, this is what's been happening in my life lately:
- I work at a highschool close to my house doing summer cleaning of the facility. I am an expert at cleaning desks, windows and chalkboards along with the other smorgasbord that somehow collects dust and dirt during the winter months. I am still amazed at some of the things that have to be cleaned. Oh well. It's a job and it pays well enough for me to stay and not go out looking for accommodations more suitable to my tastes. I would love to work in a Christian bookstore or be a professional novelist. Sadly, I am not aware of any openings yet - most likely because I have not been looking for them.
- I went camping with my family, my mom's parents and my mom's sister and her family from June 19 to the 24th. It was cold and rained almost constantly every day but Monday and Wednesday and we, along with our games and paper towels, got rather soggy. To my chagrin, I had expected better weather and packed only one sweatshirt and no socks. Thankfully, I could borrow the latter from my brother and the former (with some careful handling) managed to make its way through the trip without getting majorly wet or dirty. On the upside, I did get better at softball and volleyball, which are sport staples on our trips, I won a mile-long round of Phase-10, I knocked off three or four chapters of Our Mutual Friend, and I learned how to play Big-2 (a Chinese card game).
- My summer reading resolution is tanking. I am stuck on page 161 out of 822 in Our Mutual Friend and progress further than that does not seem to be readily forthcoming. I did recently gulp down a book that is completely unrelated to any book-reading resolution I have made and was read because it happened to catch my interest and be within easy reach on my sister's desk. A Northern Light it was called and I would recommend it with emphatic reservations. Read here as to why.
- I forgot to bring Joyfully At Home with me last week and so my dear friend who lent it to me is going to have to wait a little longer to get it back. Truth be told, I completely forgot I had it until yesterday when I remembered.
- Yesterday, I took four orphaned baby birds to the humane society. If you have ever, ever driven a car with four squeaking baby birds in the passenger seat, you'll know how loud it actually is. Thankfully, they liked the talk radio host I had on or I would have gone stir crazy.
- I'm going strawberry picking in five minutes, which means that I must now end this delightful ramble and let you get back to whatever more constructive thing you were doing before you started reading it.

'Till next time,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. It's even louder when you're holding them... ;)

    ReplyDelete