Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Requiem for an Apology

I really have no idea what that title is supposed to mean, but it sounded cool. Hope it's not going to give anyone the disturbances.

Before I begin, I think I ought to bundle all the 'sorrys' I'm am probably going to drop throughout the post together and get them out now.

- I'm sorry that it's been so long since I last posted. I could throw out the "I've been busy excuse" but I have actually had time to blog that I haven't taken advantage of.

- I'm sorry that my posts have been so boring lately. I know a lot of you are probably not very interested in book reviews. *''* (That's supposed to look like a blushing smiley; it actually looks like two asterisks with a couple apostrophes in the middle. Experiment failure strikes again!)

- I'm sorry that this post is going to be lame. If you're curious enough to see just how lame, I'm sure you'll find your way to the bottom eventually.

So, I've been mulling over several Scriptural points that have hit me in the past few weeks (they churn around in my brain and scream: 'Post about me! Post about me!' until they die of old age or I actually get around to posting them) and I've also been thinking of several new fill-in-the-blanks and, of course, there's news about how my completely revamped life is going. But no, we won't use any of those.

Instead we shall talk about

Rain.

And not really about rain either. Instead, I want to share this picture. 


Now that I've got it big enough so that you can see the pores of her skin...

Actually, we're not even going to talk about this picture. I'm going to post some more that give me that creepy, just-right feeling that a thunderstorm or a thrill or a good idea gives me. Enjoy!








I love how each of these pictures, just looking at them, puts a story in my mind. Lost hopes, shattered dreams, the thrill of hope, the tears of pain. Renewal. Sacrifice. Sorrow. Love. A thousand and a half (also known as 1,500 for you math-brained, unpoetical types) conclusions can be drawn from their expressions, their stances, their surroundings, even the way the rain is falling. It gives me thrills to my fingertips just to think about it! Someday, perhaps, I'll take a group of pictures and write a story or a poem for each one, but that's one of those "I'll do it on vacation or when I retire" pipe-dreams. Maybe someday, though. Maybe...

Have I bored you enough? Perhaps I should go up and add another 'sorry' to the list. But if you're still with me, I just want to say: isn't it so neat how most of these are either muted colors or black and white? Rain just does that to you. Makes you feel black and white, with maybe a little grey around the edges. 

No wonder some people hate it. And no wonder that I love it. 

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment