Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book Trailer

As far as video trailers for books are concerned, my opinions tend towards the "is this really necessary?" side. I mean, come on, it's a book, not a film and for heaven's sake what is the back cover for if not to tell you why you should read the book?

From what I've seen, these "book trailers" seem to consist mostly of a walloping soundtrack, segmented bits of the back-cover blurb and uninspiring pictures of rooms and the book cover with perhaps a tree or something thrown in. (No, I'm not an authority; I don't generally make a point of watching them). But this one that I recently clicked on because the book itself looked interesting, caught me by surprise because I...liked it.

An Unmarked Grave by Charles Todd


Maybe it's the intense piano/flute/violin piece playing in the background or maybe it's just because the video itself is so dreary and depressing and mysterious, or maybe it's because I actually was interested in the book, but I found this "book trailer" to be quite excellent indeed. 

I'm hesitant to encourage anyone to read this book, actually, because - though it's made my to-read list - I'm not familiar with the author and I know he's not Christian, so I'm unsure of the content. All I know is that it's a mystery and probably depressing. Anyway, I just thought I'd share a tidbit of interest today. Enjoy - or not... 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment