Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Friday, June 29, 2012

An Update Taken From Life



Wow! A post that isn't a book review or an announcement! Too bad it'll be at about the same interest level, but hey, someone apparently reads this stuff.

Anyway, I am extremely excited about the Short Story Contest. So far there are eight entries and I'm sure each one is going to be an interesting bit of fiction. =D Jamie and I can't wait to read every last one! And, (as I throw in my little advertisement) there is still time to enter! Tell your friends! Enlist your followers! The prizes are for everyone!

*ahem*

So, aside from that interesting and unique addition to my life, I have been rather dull lately. I haven't been too busy to post (heavens no), but I have been experiencing some writer's block and creativity that I know, from experience, is very lethal to good writing. I generally tend to veer away from adding too much to any project in my arsenal during these times, since I generally erase it all once I get a fresh burst of brain cells anyway.

Other than that, I've been doing some reading (non-review books), but am currently stuck in one and not budging. I did recently read a good biography about Queen Victoria that makes me feel like watching The Young Victoria (fabulous movie!) again.

And, I tremble to bring forth this news, but Jamie has shut herself up in her literary world again and has been sighted pounding away furiously on the computer keys. She says she's writing a serialized detective story that she is going to post on this blog - not Scribbles, imagine that! - in tantalizingly suspenseful segments. If you ask me, from what I saw looking over her shoulder, you'll have to wait for this one until probably December. She insists she's going to actually finish it though - but right now she's sitting on the counter eating grapes and yelling at me for revealing her weakness for procrastination.

Whatever.

I am thorougly excited at the moment because tomorrow I'm going out with a friend and we're going to see Pixar's new move Brave. I have been waiting for this movie to come out forever and am sincerely hoping that it lives up to my expectations. =D From what I've already seen, it looks like it'll fit my kinks.

Well, that's all I can say at the moment! Keep your eyes peeled for Jamie's stuff. She says it's coming soon.
  
Till next time!

7 comments:

  1. You are so lucky!!!! I want to see Brave so bad, I'm hoping I can get my mom to take me!!!!! I hope you have fun seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will! Anything you do with a girlfriend is bound to be fun and Pixar hasn't failed me yet! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've awarded you! Here's the link:
    http://katiesdollworld.blogspot.com/2012/07/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you! I'll pass along the favor when I get some time to blog! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better than you did, I guess!
    Actually, I really enjoyed it. Redheads and archery and Scotland ARE my kinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. But if you did, I'm definitely going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete