Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Monday, February 18, 2013

Dairy Daydreams

Lo, I have experienced a most persistent craving for frozen yogurt these many days past. Since there is no YogurtLab in near proximity to my house {oh, woe is me!} and a trip to Orange Leaf is not in my time frame for the day {or week - more woe!}, my craving was such that I was forced to decide to make it.

I used this recipe and completely forgot to take pictures of the process. However, that is not an stymieing roadblock.

I proceed.

The recipe, being short, was also extraordinarily vague. Note the complete lack of any and all helpful advice on what sort of Greek yogurt to use. I perused several reviews {briefly} in hopes of stumbling upon enlightenment {no avail}. I eventually settled on Chobani, because I know from experience that their Greek yogurt is very thick and creamy - which is the exact consistency I was craving.       

In the end, after a toss-up between plain or vanilla, I settled on plain, because three-quarters of a cup of sugar is sure to pack a wallop.

Fortunately, we own an ice-cream freezer, so I was clear to start.

I followed the recipe to the letter and realized that three-quarters of a cup of sugar in three cups of yogurt is way too sweet. I dumped in the rest of the yogurt, which had the consistency and flavor of sour cream {I kid you not, I almost could have used it}.

Then I let it sit in the fridge while I helped my brother make tacos for dinner {he turned off my timer; we're working on forgiveness}.

Dumped it into the freezer and realized that the owner's manual was nowhere to be found and I had little to no experience with the ice-cream freezer. No matter. It seemed pretty self-explanatory.

I seem to have a gift for simple machinery. It churned dutifully for about half an hour and viola! homemade frozen yogurt that is creamy, thick and delicious!

I topped it with Hershey's syrup and some of my sister's leftover raspberry coulis {pronounced koo-lee for those who see it in print before they hear it in person {aiding you in the avoidance of awkward mispronunciations}} and promptly consumed all three scoops shown below.

After all, it is a healthy alternative.

I think I'll try chocolate next.


Until we meet again {may you be blessed with frozen yogurt},
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment