Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Sunday, August 14, 2011

♪♩♫ ♬ -- Music -- ♪♩♫ ♬

Please ignore the tacky title and goofy music notes and keep reading - it gets better further down.

I promise.

To get down to business...

I've spent a lot of time lately looking (and listening) for and to different Christian music artists. Over the years I've gathered quite a few *favorite* artists, but I'm always looking for more and these are the winners so far.

My favorite new artist is Audrey Assad. She only has one album so far, being new and all, but she's working on a second that I am really looking forward to since her first CD The House You're Building is one of those that I can listen to over and over again without getting tired of it.

I foresee that I'll get nowhere going like this and since I can't write a post without making a big production out of it, I might as well set you up for the long haul.

Organized person that I am (no, really!), I'm going to get this down to a concise list: These are my favorite Christian artists, and (a few of) my favorite songs that they sing. Hopefully you'll find some of them good enough to listen to a few times yourself. :)

Audrey Assad
- Carry Me
- Restless
- Known

(I'll try to narrow it down to three favorites, so that this post doesn't go on forever, but I'd really encourage you to find more of her songs. They are SO good!)

And of course...

Casting Crowns
It's hard to pick just three!
- Life of Praise
- Stained Glass Masquerade
- Glorious Day
I'm going to fudge and make this four:
- At Your Feet

John Waller
- As For Me and My House
- Yes
- Hands of the Healer

Keith and Kristyn Getty
I do have their new cd Awaken the Dawn, but I haven't listened to it enough to truly pick a favorite. These are all from the album In Christ Alone.
- The Power of the Cross
- There is a Higher Throne
- Across the Lands

Ginny Owens
My sister recently introduced me to this talented young singer. I didn't like her much at first because she has a rather... different voice, but her lyrics are open and powerful.
- I Am
- This Road (can't find her singing it on youtube... ugh)
- Simply Love You (or this one either, apparently...)

Nichole Nordemann
Not exactly on my list of favorite favorites, but she does have a bunch of good songs, so...
- Finally Free
- Holy
- Legacy

Francesca Battistelli
I only have one of her cds, but these are my favorites from Hundred More Years. She has a very bouncy, energetic voice that reminds me a bit of Carrie Underwood. I don't think she's for everybody, but you never know what people will like.
- This Is The Stuff
- You Never Are
- Hundred More Years

Josh Bates
- Walking Through the Fire
- King of Glory
- Never Give Up On Me 

The Franz Family
Recently introduced to our family by a friend. If you don't like bluegrass, you won't like these songs. Apparently youtube has never heard of them, but this is their website: http://thefranzfamily.com/. Check them out; they're really good.
- Come Unto Me
- Hold Fast to the Right
- The River of Tears

Soooo, it didn't turn out so long after all. Let's move on to soundtracks!

I'm just kidding. I know, I have a life too and I can't spend it all on blogger.

Till next time,


P.S If you are familiar with any of these artists and have a few favorites yourself, please comment and tell me. Or if you have a favorite artist that isn't on this list please comment as well. I would love to gather more favorite artists and songs! :)

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of Britt Nicole? Love her!
    I especially like her song Walk on Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of her, but haven't ever really listened to anything she sings. Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely give it a listen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother married the Franz girl who wrote Come Unto Me.

    ReplyDelete