Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Gifts!

I suppose now that the last remnant of Christmas days are officially over, my lazy Christmas blogging habits must be officially over as well.

Sooo, since everything I should be blogging about is piled up like rainbow-hued clutter in the back of my brain and since I have a odd mania for knowing what other people get for Christmas, I'll share what I received from my very generous family (I apologize if you don't share my mania):

On Christmas Eve, I got these gifts from my younger brother, who picked my name in our family gift exchange:

This music is so fun and wildly Northern...

Yeah, I guess I'm a junkie. I adore this movie! 

And then on Christmas Day, I got a red Converse blouse from my grandparents (I love Converse blouses!) and money, which I used to buy this:

These are the best things on earth for coloring (aside from Sharpies, of course) :D

And on the day before New Year's Eve, we celebrated Christmas at my Dad's mom's house. My Grandma gave me a box full of my Grandpa's old Peanuts comic books and these two outfits from American Girl:

 I don't have Julie, but I'm a sucker for white ruffly dresses and American Girl's big hats...

I actually do have this doll, and the dress is so adorable!

Then, from my aunt:

It's a double-sided heart with Swarovski crystals

This gorgeous little Bible (NIV, of course)

These sweet little desk notes (she understands well my weakness for paper)

And a wristlet from Vera Bradley to add to my collection

I was part of the adult gift exchange this year and my aunt picked my name. She chose most of the books :) :


One of my absolute favorite books. Elizabeth George Speare is one of my writing heroes.

You've heard me rave enough about this one to know what it is... :D

Francine Rivers is also one of my writing heroes. Her books are SO good!

Meredith Andrews - yes!

And this gorgeous Willow Tree figurine. I fell in love with it a year ago... :D


'Till next time (and Happy New Year!),

No comments:

Post a Comment