Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When you wish you could bang your head on a keyboard...


For me, there is nothing more frustrating and depressing and annoying (except perhaps for getting three cinnamon Jelly Bellies in a row) as sitting in front of a half-written document, knowing where your characters are supposed to go, but being absolutely unable to get them there.

It seems to me that I've been working on one scene for the past week. Erasing it, rereading it, hating it, loving it, tweaking it, rewriting it... All to no avail, however, for that obstinate scene refuses to go anywhere!

My recent response to such a stick-in-the-mud is just to erase the entire thing and start over, but...I like it and I can't just toss it to the fishes. All the poor thing needs is a stupid segue.

And this blog post is heading in the same direction. Somewhere between going nowhere and becoming a rant. I need to meld with my music and think through my plot.

Tata till writer's block is over!

'Till next time,





1 comment:

  1. I've had that happen to me a few times. Sometimes it helps to skip to a different spot in you novel, and come back to the tricky part later. Sometimes it helps to just let it rest for a while.
    Trust me, you will get through it eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete