Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Monday, March 12, 2012

Frosted Candy Canes and Things As Unimportant


Hello! 
Jamie here again, ready to bring you another update from...my life! 

When you've spent the entire evening with JocelynRose on a couch watching her write her Victorian novel and thinking about candy canes (not that I was), your eyeballs feel really funny. In my opinion, she needs to kill off a few more characters, but she's a little too protective of them to do something like that.

*sigh*

Anyway, my novelization of the story of Joseph has gone to Egypt along with him (even though he had only just stepped out of the well when I left off). I've more or less given it up because I like to be able to make everything up and, even though the story has a great plot of its own, I feel like I'm uprooting an amazing amount of facts by simply overlooking them. 

I have an idea for another short story though - purely written from imagination - but haven't begun work because I can't decide between the names Craig, Christian, and Stephen for my 1/2 MC. (MC is my code for 'main character' when I'm writing in my plotting notebook or my journal or something. And I add a 1/2 before it if the story is shared by two equally important people. Not that you'd really care about that anyway...) He's not really a 1/2 MC anyway, so that whole paragraph (except for the very beginning) is meaningless. 

It's going to be a very morbid short story this time, but will hopefully carry a good theme throughout. Of course, I'll be lucky if Jossie lets me type it up on her computer after she finds out that I've hacked her blog again, but she can't resist upping her post count by announcing stuff for me, so she'll probably get over it. (Don't tell her, but I am bound and determined to post the next announcement myself)
Anyhoo, after that one is posted, I'm going to try my hand at something new and write a happy story - even though it won't be nearly as much fun - just so that I can prove to those more skeptically minded that I can, in fact, write about rainbows, sprinkles, cupcakes, glitter, wedding cakes and cutesy stuff like that without killing or dangerously injuring someone. 

Ahh, but where's the drama in a wedding unless someone is stood up or about to die or treated to some other sort of irreparable catastrophe? That I ask you! 

Oh, and I had a wonderful thrill today: I found a piece of paper I've been looking for! Lest you think I've just taken a cannonball off the deep end (if you weren't thinking that already; shame on you!) it was the writing on the paper that I was looking for, not the paper itself - though I was looking for that too; words wouldn't be much without paper - but, yeah...

And now I must go and frost the candy canes! 

Tata! 





4 comments:

  1. Frost candy canes in your book and then wack somebody on the head with it. And boom! They die and you still get to eat it.
    ~Madeline :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could...It's not my book, though, so JocelynRose would absolutely kill ME! It would be very interesting though. *sigh* :P
    - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm confused. Who is JocelynRose and who is Jamie? I whought you were the same person but now I'm confused again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about Jamie. She's constantly caffeinated and has NO respect for passwords. I try to keep her off my blog but she doesn't...stay...off because her blog is private and no one sees it. :P Anyway, next time she has a more serious moment, I'm going to yell her ears off. In the meantime, I'm going to someday work on a page explaining that little plague-of-my-life.

    ReplyDelete