Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Snippets of Story

I trailed Whispers of a Pen from another blog and thought it would be buckets of fun to join and see what other people write. I'm a horrid snoop that way - seeing what other people write. Here are some of the bits I've written in the near...ish past that gave me a thrill of excitement to see coming out on the page. 



            The promise he had made was a pretty one and I didn’t doubt that he meant it. But he didn’t know, as I did, what he held.
           When I picked up the wreath I had seen Kismet’s red cord and I knew that Kitta would never fight for me.


The Redemption Ring 


I decided to turn detective for two very good reasons:
One, I was bored to death, and two, I didn’t want to marry Roger.
 The last reason was really the most important, because I knew that someday I would probably end up marrying him just because he was hanging around.


The Adventures of Pim

Joseph hadn’t forgotten that Simeon and Levi had singlehandedly slaughtered every man in Shechem not so long ago. He kept his mouth shut.
“Speechless for once, dreamer?” Simeon taunted.

Son of Israel



“You want to go?” I asked, hoping I would hear the voice of the Kitta I had known in the garden, defiant and free, and not the reply of the Kitta who for the past year had played the woman’s favorite, breaking hearts with his careless smile and laughing dark eyes. Somewhere under that mask must be the boy I had first fallen in love with.

The Redemption Ring


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment