Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

VBS!

This time, THIS TIME, ladies, I actually have a good reason for blog-post-nonexistence.

As skit director (which basically means you get really no authoritative say in how the skit is performed or the set is built or how things are going, but it's your responsibility to make sure everyone's scripts are highlighted, everyone's costumes are ready, all the props are present and in order and all that *fun* stuff) I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off gathering this and taking care of that and making a zillion lists that I lose as quickly as I produce, spending almost every night after work designing, constructing and painting the enormous set we use (along with a handful of siblings and a dear friend), and then there are read-throughs, rehearsals, and dress rehearsals. It's been crazy.

And then I'm also the song director - sort of, I suppose - which means that I have to choose all the songs, find all the songs on mp3 to put on a cd for the kids to take home, make powerpoint slides of all the songs and then teach them.

So, that's why I've been off the blog for a while.

But I saved out some pictures for all of you and I shall see if they've uploaded yet.

Hold on a moment, please... =D

Ah, here we are!

The Craft Cave

The hieroglyphs we didn't notice were upside down until too late... 

The Set (the one and only)

Can you spot the out of place hieroglyph? 

With a quick stroke of a brush (and a few touch-ups), the unnamed Egyptian bird becomes a darling quail!

Closeup of the set fountain. =D

That's all for now, folks! I shall try to get another post in before I go camping next week, but we'll see. Can't wait for the Olympics to start!      

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment