Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Thursday, November 29, 2012

50,709


The magic number has been reached (albeit through highly improbable means), though the Nano counter and my Microsoft Word counter seem to have differing opinions as to the base amount of words I wrote. I'm not altogether sure where Nano got the extra 318 words. They must have filled in all the ones I accidentally skipped in my rush.  

And yes, for those of you with inquiring minds, I did bring the story to an end within those 50,709 words. I tied up so many loose ends in three pages that my brain feels like a rope-climber's fingers (a rope climber who wasn't wearing gloves, that is. If they exist...or are they so foolish as to forgo the gloves? Do they wear gloves? I don't even know.)

At the moment, my brain is the chemical concoction of whatever it is they put in jell-o and I am very, very glad to be finished. (Erk, I can't even write "glad" without automatically tacking an "e" on the end. Glade was the name of my hero, in case you're wondering why this is something worth noting.)

So, umm, that's all I had to say (surprisingly, since I'm so used to boosting my word count that I'll throw a walrus into the mix just to get a few extra sentences to my credit). 

Yay for finishing! 

I shall think of a new ending for that mess presently. 

But not now.

No sir, not now.


P.S. Stay tuned for the next post. I'm planning something which will probably be rather interesting to most of you. Many secrets will be revealed!

P.S.2 Also, many apologies for falling off the face of the earth for eighteen days. Aside from the slight gravitational shift, most of you probably didn't notice it at all. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! :) As you know, mine was only half that length, but I understand the triumphant feeling. In my opinion, the best part of winning NaNo is the break I take afterwards.
    Have a great after-NaNo break! :)

    ReplyDelete