Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 10: Glorious-ness

I guess spell-check doesn't accept "gloriousness" without a hyphen, so my title is somewhat split up. 

Oh well.

It's day 10, ladies! Well, actually Day 7 on my newest attempt at NaNo-ing and I am absolutely having a BALL over here! 

Sounds eerily like what I just wrote today - a sort of carefree celebration of a certain personage's welcome to a neighboring country and all that good stuff. In fact, I got through the whole thing and realized that my heroine had spent one-half of the merriment greeting people and the other half dancing her feet off and absolutely no-half eating any of the delicacies I had been intending to describe as sitting on the table against the northern wall. 

Ah well. There's more to life than food. But the violet-tinted, whipped syllabubs and sparkling, ruby-hued punch and the glittering sugared fruits did sound tempting to the palate.

And I am consuming large amounts of early grey tea with honey and milk as I type away. At least I was until I ran out. 

:(

Here are a few bits of useless information on things that I've been doing to keep my energy up. 

- Consuming much loose-leaf tea - with hot water, of course, and the leaves are properly confined in a tea ball. Well, the bigger pieces are anyway. I've experienced a lot of dregs floating around because someone lost our fine-screen tea ball. 

Oh most despicable creature...

- Listening to the Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack over and over and OVER again. No idea why, since it has no bearing or similarity WHATEVER to what I am writing. But it is fun to hop around the kitchen to the barroom song while I take my tea-replenishing breaks and such. 

- Frequent bathroom breaks. (This has absolutely nothing to do with keeping up my creative output, but is merely an unfortunate result of consuming the aforementioned quantities of loose-leaf tea)

- Traveling down to Valparaiso University in Indiana to see my best cousin and make up a member of the audience for the play she had a hand in writing and a foot in acting. (I realize that this is not something that's going to help everyone)

- Keeping a good thought regarding the continuation of this most interesting plot. Unfortunately, when the end is what you're most looking forward to writing, it does have a sort of rushing effect on what you're currently working on. 
Must...not...overlook...important...details...

And that's all I have for today, folks! 

See you when I next come up for air.


P.S. Is it just me or as JocelynRose dropped off the face of the earth? I shall have to poke her and tell her that you all told me to do it. 
=D




3 comments:

  1. JAMIE, POKE JOCELYNROSE!!!! {there, now you can do it. ;)}

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My current place includes a dry-humored talking unicorn named Stabby. I'm really enjoying the novel because it's in the medieval times. Lots of pixies, fairies, odd creatures, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! Mine's set in the Elizabethan era, which is pretty close to medieval. No unicorns though! :)

      Delete