Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 2

Hello all, Jamie here!

I meant to post yesterday, but ran into other things that occupied my time most dreadfully (like opening a surprise NaNo box from a dear friend and watching The Avengers). I tell you, I was completely overwhelmed by highly important duties. 

At any rate, the name of the game on Day 1 was over preparation. 

I had four scenes planned out that I intended to cover, but soon found that I was maxing out the 1700 words I made my goal to reach each day on the first scene. 

Oookaay...

New plan of attack! At least I've got my subjects plotted out for the week instead of three days...

Day 2:
I just finished poking out my words for the day. I'm really frustrated watching the words come and not strictly controlling quality over quantity. I am very much annoyed with seeing how unoriginal my paragraph openings are when I don't give myself much time for reflection. However, my inner editor's bark is much worse than his bite and so long as I keep up a constant stream of words and strictly keep my eyes away from what's above the line I'm typing, he is kept at bay.

But I keep reminding myself that everything can be fixed later (at least, I hope it can without rewriting the entire, blasted thing) and plow on ahead. 

Here's a quote I found to be eerily appropriate for this venture into the unknown to share with you fellow writers:

"Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down."

Kobi Yamada

Oh! And I figured out how to center that word-count widget too! I don't know if anyone is really interested in following my progress, but it's there if you want to toss a glance now and then. 

Until I post again (and if my fingers or keys aren't worn off)!




3 comments:

  1. Love the quote! :)
    My first day (yesterday) was pretty much horrible. I did school in the morning, and we were gone all afternoon, so I didn't get to start until yesterday evening. When I finally sat down to write, all the ideas that had been running through my head left. Immediately. Thankfully, I had the plot somewhat worked out chapter-by-chapter, so I sort of knew where to start. I did get my 800 words for the day written, but it was a struggle, and I know they aren't as great as they could have been.
    Today was much better. I'm not letting myself read what I've written so far (other than paragraph-by-paragraph as I write). I know if I start reading what I've written, my inner editor will scream *very* loudly. Today I've written about 1500 words, which I'm pretty happy about. I'd like to write more yet this evening, but my dad is borrowing my laptop to watch a movie, so I'm not sure if I'll get to or not.
    I don't think my writing is *too* horrible, but I know my beginnings are usually pretty bad because I'm just getting warmed up (I don't write all that much during the year).
    I'm in love with my characters, which is great because that motivates me. If I didn't like my characters, I'd be having huge issues.
    Anyway, good luck to you! And I love the widget on your sidebar. I tried friending you on NaNo, but then I realized that you're apparently on the regular NaNo website and I'm just on the Young Writer's one. :)
    Have fun writing!

    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, I was loving my characters until I started working with them. Now I feel as if I'm going too fast to get up a relationship... :-/
    Oooh, that explains a lot, actually. I couldn't friend someone either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same happened to me {not being able to friend you}! Next time, maybe, if I'm adventurous enough to try the ''adult'' site. :)

      Delete