Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Monday, May 9, 2011

May I Have Your Attention, Please...

Just a quick non-post. :)
I'd like to draw your attention to and make you aware of the newest feature of the blog. Drumroll, please. The 2011 Shelf of Read Books! (Since changed to Books I've Read in 2011 - less drama there...) Thanks are at the end if you make it all the way through. :)
All undeserved hype aside, this is just a concise and ordered list of all the books I've read in the year, along with authors and personal ratings. I have done my best to provide informative links to each book which will take you to a site where you can read a synopsis, look inside the book, and find reviews. (Most of them are linked to amazon.com which has the best features for reading first pages, reviews, ect.) Some of the books, however, are out-of-print or unavailable, so these features are also unavailable. If you want to see my personal reviews, I compile them at this site (click here). My username for a review there is JocelynRose. If you can't find mine (or don't have the time to find my review in the list) the site is full of amazing reviewers who write better ones than I do. As a side note, I don't review every book I read.
I follow the Goodreads criteria for reviewing which means 5 stars is "it was amazing", 4 stars is "really liked it", 3 stars is "liked it", 2 stars is "it was ok" and 1 star is "didn't like it" (which can be an understatement sometimes...).
I'll be adding more books to the shelf as I go along, so please take a look every once in a while. :)
One last thing: If I come across a book whose praises must be trumpeted in a place more auspicious than the list, I will do so on my blog. I don't want to bore everyone with itty-bitty reviews on every book I read. (This is sort of just an excuse to avoid writing reviews for every book I read and have read in the past, but there are probably a million reviews already for the books I really love. My comments would most likely be very redundant and unoriginal.)
Thanks for reading!
-- Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment