Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Trust Me, My Child...

This is one of my favorite quotes. I love it because I often forget that this is who God is. Even though I'm not a big fan of Amy Carmichael (I read Elisabeth Elliot's book A Chance to Die and became rather disenchanted) her writing is beautiful and this quote is full of God's voice. I wrote in on a notecard a few years ago and taped it on the wall by my bed; I've practically memorized it from reading it so many times.

"Trust Me, my child," He says. "Trust Me with a fuller abandon than you ever have before. Trust Me, as minute succeeds minute, every day of your life, for as long as you live. And if you become conscious of anything hindering our relationship, do not hurt Me by turning away from Me. Draw all the closer to Me, come, run to Me. Allow Me to hide you, to protect you, even from from yourself. Tell Me your deepest cares, your every trouble. Trust Me to keep My hand upon you. I will never leave you. I will shape you, mold you, and perfect you. Do not fear, O child of My love, do not fear. I love you." 

-- Amy Carmichael

No comments:

Post a Comment