Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Journal of Procrastination {Day 1}



A fill-in-the-blanks for those days when inspiration eludes me

Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time: 10:09 a.m.

Thought/Quote/Verse/Idea for the day: "I've always been in the right place and time. Of course, I steered myself there." - Bob Hope

I got up at: 7:36 a.m.

I am listening to: my sister practicing her clarinet, the dehumidifier, and my mother teaching my little brother

I most recently ate: Breakfast: asparagus quiche, vanilla yogurt, and a homemade eclair *ahem* Healthy...

I am currently working on: Nothing really. I'm mentally pounding out a first segment of a first chapter...or maybe a prologue. I'm not sure yet.

Comfort food/beverage at the moment: homemade cappuccino

I am looking forward to: taking my PaperbackSwap book to the post office. :)

I am reading: Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

I am memorizing: 1 Peter 1 and Psalm 51

I am thinking: about how difficult it is to teach my brother when he's in a lazy mood...My poor mother.

Plans for the day: Post Office, reading, maybe do a little writing or something

In my hair: a pollyanna with my favorite barrette

Most recently wrote: the first few sentences of a novel I just thought up. :D

I am thankful for: fall weather, and God, who daily bears my burdens

I am wearing: a denim skirt, a short-sleeved blue shirt and black flip-flops

Latest gift listed in my notebook: "grey skies, heavy with rain"

Christian self-help book I am currently reading: Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge (though I'm thinking it's not going to be very Christian - or much help)

My surroundings: my overcrowded desk and outside of that, my basement

I am craving: a cozy chair, an open window and a good book (I think I shall fulfill that craving presently... :D)

I should be: hmm, doing nothing, really. I suppose I could open up my college textbook and start reading it, but why get ahead of myself?

Tomorrow I will: play frisbee for sure, other than that, it's a little hazy

Book I am contemplating reading next: Don't Shoot, It's Only Me by Bob Hope

Random fact about myself: I used to keep a spreadsheet of (almost) every book I owned complete with author, where I got it, price, rating, date I finished it, and # of pages. Yeah, I had a lot of time on my hands then...

The weather is: Last time I checked a little overcast, but I think the sky is cloudy and blue now

Any library books at the moment: 3, actually.

Movie(s) I watched within the week: Despicable Me and Little Women

Indignant about: losing the complete last segment of Holly and Ivy that I had all written out. Ugh...

Random movie/book quote that's running through my head: "Oh, do somebody go down quick; Mr. Brooke is acting dreadfully, and Meg likes it!" - Jo (Little Women)

Scratchy pen or smooth pen: smooth pen

Last thing I threw away: Excellent question. I think it was my yogurt container...

Last book I bought/received: The Mill House by Paul McCusker

I am wondering: how I could write like Louisa May Alcott

Song stuck in my head: it's impossible to have a song stuck in your head when you have a sister practicing upstairs, another sister practicing the piano right behind you and a brother who is being impossible with his schoolwork. Just saying...

Most recent crazy plan: going on a shopping spree at the mall

Under the clip: a library list and post-it with college info

Random Spanish word (courtesy of my English-Spanish dictionary...): Microbio: n Microbe (never would have guessed that one...)

I learned today: that I don't have good quiet times when I don't get up early. I've learned this lesson many times.

Picture-thought:
My dolls, in their "appropriate" denim skirts:




'Till next time,

7 comments:

  1. Love this..I may very well have to steal it, if you don't mind? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in the least! I can even send you the template if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow just saw this. :P Thanks very much; I'll just copy and paste! Then there will be some activity on my blog for once at least...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *ahem* Ok, so maybe I don't have a template... Can you just get it off my blog and erase my answers? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doesn't surprise me... *duh*

    ReplyDelete