Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Journal of Procrastination {Day 2}




A fill-in-the-blanks for those days when inspiration eludes me

Date: Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time: 2:30 p.m. (On the nose!)

Thought/Quote/Verse/Idea for the day: "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." - Matthew 6:8

I got up at: 6:00 a.m.

I am listening to: Heart of a Volunteer from the Pearl Harbor soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

I most recently ate: Lunch: Leftover ribs and chicken, egg noodles, peppers, and a chocolate malt ice cream bar for dessert.

I am currently working on: A blog post? Lol... nothing much really.

Comfort food/beverage at the moment: Water, I guess. I've been drinking enough of it...

I am looking forward to: my friend's movie/game night/ sleepover/shopping trip tomorrow

I am reading: nothing. But I just finished A New Song by Jan Karon

I am memorizing: Matthew 5 and Psalm 51

I am thinking: about my upcoming class and what it will entail and how often God is faithful

Plans for the day: Good question... I might go grocery shopping with my mother, help my sister finish a Nancy Drew computer game, write that dratted last part of Holly and Ivy...

In my hair: a barrette on the side. I got scalped on my last haircut - at least, that's what it felt like... :)


Most recently wrote: a letter to a friend

I am thankful for: music, friends and Hebrews 13:5

I am wearing: a denim skirt, a short-sleeved grey shirt, and my key necklace

Latest gift listed in my notebook: "peace"

Christian self-help book I am currently reading: Diamonds In The Dust by Joni Eareckson Tada

My surroundings: still my desk and basement. I don't move my laptop much...

I am craving: the middle of November, when this class will be over. Haha...

I should be: writing, if anything

Tomorrow I will: help my mother bake desserts for our birthday party on Saturday, go to a movie, game night and sleepover

Book I am contemplating reading next: I'm not sure. Something exciting - if I have time

Random fact about myself: I have a stuffed black lab named Jimmie that I still sleep with when my little sister doesn't take it

The weather is: actually nice! Warm with sun and blue sky

Any library books at the moment: Nary a one!

Movie(s) I watched within the week: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and The Wilderness Family (old family favorite...)

Indignant about: my ipod consistently losing all my ratings. Oh the headaches of modern technology!

Random movie/book quote that's running through my head: "You might have mentioned that a bit sooner!" - Peter - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Scratchy pen or smooth pen: scratchy

Last thing I threw away: a plastic bag. Inspiring!

Last book I bought/received: The Sacrifice by Kathleen Benner Duble

I am wondering: why I have to grow up. It's not what I thought it would be, but it'll be fine with God at my side.

Song stuck in my head: If We've Ever Needed You by Casting Crowns (only because it's playing through my earbuds right now...)


Most recent crazy plan: dropping out of my college class and becoming a stay-at-home daughter (that one didn't go over very well...)

Under the clip: post-its with college info and boy names that start with "B"

Random Spanish word (courtesy of my English-Spanish dictionary...): hipnotizar - mesmerize (don't think I'll be using that one anytime soon)

I learned today: many, many things. I couldn't begin to list them.

Picture-thought: Movie I'm seeing tomorrow! 







'Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. I saw that too! It was so inspiring! What was your favorite scene? BTW I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I loved it! My favorite scene was the part when Emily died - I love depressing stuff like that. :D What was yours?
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete