Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15


 photo about_zps0e27a4da.jpg
 photo bookshelf_zpse9642860.jpg photo scribbles_zps2889a376.jpg

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Know Who Holds The Future...

I recently heard my pastor say something that struck me as incredibly interesting because I had never heard it (or heard it and taken it mentally to heart) before.

"Satan doesn't know the future. Only God knows the future."

It struck me as interesting because I had always assumed (in a I-never-really-thought-about-it-before way) that Satan could freak me out about what was going to happen in the future because he had some sort of way of knowing how it was going to go.

Ha!

He doesn't.

Satan knows as much about the future as I do, so it does make it rather ridiculous to believe the things he says *might* happen. He tells you all sorts of things that could happen in the future - all those horrible things that are going to happen that'll ruin your life - but the truth is that it's all speculation. He has no idea what God has in store for you! Satan will tell you anything - anything - to get you to abandon your trust in God's promises. No matter how outlandish it sounds. But he doesn't know. Only God does.

Praise the Lord!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. So. True.
    There's an old song we sing at church called "I know who holds tomorrow (and I know who holds my hand)"
    It gets me every time. :)

    ReplyDelete